Jump to: Before, During, & After the service.
Before The Service
- Arrive 10 to 15 minutes before the practice.
- Turn on all the computer monitors.
- Wake up the pc and log in if needed.
- Using the projector remote, turn on the projector.
- Open OBS.
- Ensure the worship view is displayed in one display window and the preacher view is displayed on the other in OBS.
- If not:
- Find the scene listing in the bottom left of OBS and click on "Worship".
- Click "Transition" in the middle of the screen.
- Click on the scene "Preacher - No Slides".
- You should now see the zoomed out worship scene on the right display and the zoomed in preacher scene on the left display.
- The scene that is being sent to the stream is what is shown on the right side display. To switch back and forth between the two views, click "Transition". Do not adjust cameras.
- Open Propresenter.
- In OBS click "Start Streaming". If it fails to connect try again in a few minutes.
- Check any videos in Propresenter to ensure functionality and sound level.
Drag items from the media bin to the background slide to add or change backgrounds for each song.
- Check song lyrics for correctness and order during the practice.
- If you need to edit the lyrics on a slide:
- Right click (or Ctrl + left click) on the slide.
- Left click 'Quick Edit'
- Make changes to the lyrics in the window that pops up.
- Left click the 'x' on that pop up window.
- Left click that slide to display the updated lyrics
- If you need to adjust the order of the song:
- Click the arrangement button in the song's title bar.
- Two rows appear under that. The top one (Row 1) is called "groups" and lists all the available parts of the song. The row under that one (Row 2) has a drop down box to select which arrangement you want. It also lists all the parts of the song in the order they will be sung for the current arrangement.
- To add a part to the current arrangement drag it from the top bar to the bottom bar in the correct spot.
- To move a part to a new location simply drag it from it's current location to a new one in the bottom bar.
- To remove a part from the current arrangement move the mouse to the part in the bottom bar you wish to remove. An "X" will appear on it. Click the "X".
- If you need more time you can get the worship leader to come to the booth once their practice is done and go over this step quickly.
- Once the worship practice is over and all questions have been answered, test any untested slides to make sure they will display. Remember to test sound levels with the audio tech for any videos or other computer audio that will get played.
- Once all tests are complete, left click on the first pre service slide to play the pre service slideshow.
During The Service
- When the worship team comes on stage click on the "Opening Scene" slide to end the slideshow.
- If there are announcements, click the first slide in the announcement section. Then if you have a slide for the announcement being talked about you can click on that slide. Click the first slide again to clear it. If the slide topic is not mentioned, don't display it.
- When the worship team is ready to begin playing click the "Worship Scene" slide.
- Follow along displaying the correct lyrics or sermon slides.
- Make sure you click every scene slide when you get to that section of the service.
- Knowing the song can help you get the timing right, but if you don't here are some guidelines:
- Put the opening lyrics up for a song when the musicians start playing that song's intro.
- Click to select the next slide one or two words before the end of the current slide. This will vary depending on the pace of the song.
- Not all announcement slides will always get used, and not all announcements have slides.
- Try to avoid changing slides or blanking the screen during prayer.
- Switch scenes in OBS when the service transitions from the sermon to worship or vice-versa.
- The scene that is being sent to the stream is what is shown on the right side display. To switch back and forth between the two views, click "Transition". Do not re-aim cameras on wall mounts or any camera currently live.
After the service
- Click the first slide in the slideshow.
- In OBS click "Stop Streaming".
- Close all other programs. Save anything it asks you about.
- Turn off the monitors but not the computer.
Use the projector remote to turn off the projector by pressing the standby button twice.