Starting July 19th we will be moving away from pre-recorded online-only services to live and live-streamed services. For those who will be participating in the service online you will notice some changes. We will no longer be using the Church Online platform that we have been using and instead will be using the Zoom meeting platform. I highly recommend getting Zoom set up ahead of time so you are ready when the service starts. Here are some steps to get ready:
- While not necessary, installing the app will make things much simpler. You can download the "Zoom Client for Meetings" or "Zoom Mobile App" it from zoom.us/download
- An account is also not necessary but will allow you to set your settings ahead of time and save them. Create an account at zoom.us/signup
- Find the video settings. Scroll down until you see the "(Hide/Show) non-video participants". For the service you will need to hide / not show people who do not have video.
- On a PC:
- Open the app and sign in. Click on your profile image at the top right of the window. When the settings window pops up select "Video" from the left-hand column. Scroll down to the "Meetings" section. Find the option that says "Hide non-video participants" and make sure it is checked.
- Once in a meeting, bring your mouse to the window and you should see a bar appear at the bottom of the window. Second from the left you will see a camera button. On the rightof the camera there is a little "^". Click that and a menu should pop up allowing you to then click "Video Settings". Scroll down to the "Meetings" section. Find the option that says "Hide non-video participants" and make sure it is checked.
- On an Android phone:
- Open the app and sign in. Click the "Settings" button in the bottom right of the screen. Select "Meeting". Scroll down till you see "Show Non-Video Participants" and make sure it is turned off.
- Once in a meeting, tap the screen once and various buttons will appear. At the bottom-right there is a button of three dots labeled "More". Tap that and 4 options should pop up. If the third option down says "Hide Non-Video Participants" tap it. If it says "Show Non-Video Participants" your setting is already correct and you can just dismiss the options pop-up.
- If anyone can send me the steps for Apple computers, ipads, iphones, or Android tablets I will update this guide.
- If you are confident you can go through the settings and tweak them to suit you.
- If you are not sure about how to use Zoom there are lots of tutorials on Youtube - I recommend this one for basics: youtube.com
- Test it out! Ask someone who is familiar with Zoom to host a meeting so you can try out joining one!
- The join link will be available on the church website.